Lip augmentation is a cosmetic procedure which lends you fuller and plumper lips. Besides, for enhancing volume of lips, an injectable dermal filler is the most common procedure.
Even though, there are many types of dermal fillers which are injected in your lips and around mouth, but hyaluronic acid fillers are the most common.
In addition, fat injections and implants are the other methods which make lip augmentation successful. However, the results may vary from person to person and may have likelihood of side effects.
Hyaluronic acid fillers add shape, structure and volume to the lips. The effects of the procedure typically last for six months. Most of the brands of hyaluronic acid are available in the market. Few of them comprise of local anaesthetic qualities as well. All of these products are injected in the same way to offer you the best results.
Once injected, the gel supports and shapes the tissues of the lips. Following are the benefits of using hyaluronic acid fillers:
1) Control over lip volume: The amount of substance injected can be controlled, so that, the doctor has better control over how much lip volume is created.
2) Gradual pace of treatment: The injections can be given gradually during different appointments until the desired results are achieved.
3) Bumps dissolve easily: Any lumps and bumps caused by the movement of the lips can be dissolved easily.
4) Less bruising: There is less bruising and swelling as compared to other dermal fillers.
5) Reasonably lasting results. The results are reasonably long-lasting, but not permanent.